The regional coordinator helps engage local community involvement around strategies to enhance Black communities through community-based political solutions. Advance Carolina (Advance) primarily achieves this by engaging with the community, organizing trainings to build shared purpose and language among leaders, and collecting data to win for our communities. The Regional Coordinator will be responsible for leading the coordination of our county tables by coaching each County Lead within a specific region of the state.
Additionally, our work centers on the following commitments throughout the program: crime and justice, economic empowerment, education, access to healthcare and environmental justice, and political effectiveness/personal responsibility. The regional coordinator will ensure that these commitments are woven into the work within their region.
- Oversee and support the development of the County Tables within their region using the organizational model/plan and goals by coaching county leads through their goals, including but not limited to GOTV planning and candidate endorsement processes.
- Engage in, develop and/or lead trainings for County Leads and/or community leaders to build shared purpose/language, enhance organizational priorities and sharpen our local data capabilities.
- Encourage participation in the creation of local issue agendas, issue advocacy and voter.
- Recruit, develop, and train volunteers to assist with mobilizing voters by using canvassing, phone banking and other strategies to increase voter turnout.
- Create and support training schedule for regional team and volunteers while troubleshooting problems.
- Work with the organizing director to plan strategy in the region and connect to statewide work.
- Support Election Protection c3 strategy in defined regions
- Maintain community relations on behalf of Advance Carolina
- Maintain organizing deadlines set by management team.
- Maintaining good records and utilizing specified voter file information to track organizing progress.
- Manage and oversee regional team 60%
- Completing reports for management & department leads 20%
- Structure statewide project execution in region 20%
Education & Qualifications:
- Prior knowledge or willingness/ability to learn about Voter Database Management tools, like Voter Access Network (VAN) and Relational Voter Project (RVP) databases.
- Prior Knowledge or willingness/ability to learn how to utilize organizational management tools like Zoom, Google Hangouts, Basecamp, etc.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent working in teams and providing leadership.
- Experience working in political organizations with elected officials.
Expectations & Compensation:
- This is a full-time position with commitments on nights and weekends during the election cycle.
- Candidate must live or commute to the base region.
- Counties currently include Cumberland and Hoke, with the opportunity for
- Full benefits package included.
- Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
How to Apply:
Email résumé or detailed description of relevant experience to Kay Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.