Advance Carolina’s County Leads help to engage local community involvement around strategies to enhance Black communities through community-based political solutions. Advance Carolina (Advance) primarily achieves this by engaging with the community, organizing trainings to build shared purpose and language among leaders, and collecting data to win for our communities. The County Lead is responsible for engaging local Black leaders on a regular basis to build and engage in strategies to address Crime & Justice, Economic Empowerment, Education, Access to Healthcare & Environmental Justice, and Political Effectiveness/Personal Responsibility.
- Oversee and Support the development of the County Tables within their region using the organizational model/plan and goals by coaching County Leads through their goals, including but not limited to GOTV planning and Candidate Endorsement processes.
- Recruiting, developing, and leading members to participate in the creation of local issue agendas, issue advocacy, and voter engagement.
- Maintain community relations on behalf of Advance Carolina
- Maintain organizing deadlines set by the Regional Coordinator and management team.
- Attending all County table meetings
- Assist in the creation and implementation of relevant trainings for community leaders to build shared purpose/language, enhance organizational priorities and sharpen our local data capabilities.
- Creating monthly updates/overviews of the work that has been conducted; weekly when preparing for a local event/project or election.
- Reports to Triad Regional Coordinator.
Education & Qualifications:
- Prior Knowledge or willingness/ability to learn about Voter Database Management tools, like Voter Access Network (VAN) and Relational Voter Project (RVP) databases
- Prior Knowledge or willingness/ability to learn how to utilize organizational management tools like Zoom, Google Hangouts, Basecamp, etc.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent working in teams and providing leadership
- Experience working in political organizations with elected officials
Expectations & Compensation:
- Available Location(s): Forsyth County (NC)
- This position is part-time with irregular hours, heavily on nights and weekends. This position doesn’t have a specific weekly hour allotment but is expected to vary between 5 hrs – 20 hrs/week, with heavier hours during local events/projects and elections.
- For this position, you must live or regularly (at least once a week) commute to the county in which you are based.
- This is a long-term contract position with the compensation paid $1,000/month ($12,000/yearly).
How to Apply:
Email résumé to Amber Rivero, Triad Regional Coordinator at email@example.com.
Advance North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.