The Regional Coordinator helps engage local community involvement around strategies to enhance Black communities through community-based political solutions. Advance Carolina (Advance) primarily achieves this by engaging with the community, organizing trainings to build shared purpose and language among leaders, and collecting data to win for our communities. The Regional Coordinator will be responsible for leading the coordination of our county tables by coaching each County Lead within a specific region of the state.
Additionally, our work centers on the following commitments throughout the program: Crime & Justice, Economic Empowerment, Education, Access to Healthcare & Environmental Justice, and Political Effectiveness/Personal Responsibility. The Regional Coordinator will ensure that these commitments are woven into the work within their region.
- Oversee and support the development of the County Tables within their region using the organizational model/plan and goals by coaching County Leads through their goals, including but not limited to GOTV planning and Candidate Endorsement processes.
- Engage in, develop and/or lead trainings for County Leads and/or community leaders to build shared purpose/language, enhance organizational priorities and sharpen our local data capabilities.
- Maintain community relations on behalf of Advance Carolina
- Maintain organizing deadlines set by management team
- Maintaining good records and utilizing specified voter file information to track organizing progress.
- Reports to the Organizing Director (NCBA) and Voter Engagement Director (Advance)
Education & Qualifications:
- Prior knowledge or willingness/ability to learn about Voter Database Management tools, like Voter Access Network (VAN) and Relational Voter Project (RVP) databases
- Prior Knowledge or willingness/ability to learn how to utilize organizational management tools like Zoom, Google Hangouts, Basecamp, etc.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent working in teams and providing leadership
- Experience working in political organizations with elected officials
Expectations & Compensation:
- This is a part-time position with irregular hours, heavily on nights and weekends. This position does not have a specific weekly hour allotment but is expected to vary between 10 hrs – 50 hrs/week, with heavier hours during local events/projects and elections. The average weekly hours are projected to be 20 hrs per week, over the contract length.
- Candidate must live or commute to the base region at least once a week. Counties include Bladen, Columbus, Craven, Cumberland, Duplin, Hoke, Montgomery, Moore, Onslow, Pender, Robeson, Sampson, Scotland, Wayne and New Hanover.
- This is a long-term contract position through December 31, 2023, with compensation commensurate with experience.
- Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000
How to Apply:
Email résumé or detailed description of relevant experience to Marcus Fairley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.