Senior Associate Director (FTE)
The Senior Associate Director supports all administrative, financial, and operational activities for the organization. They work in alignment with the Executive Director to organize and prioritize critical issues, helping to triage and engage staff as needed for resolution. The position serves a vital function for the organization, clearly understanding the goals and objectives in order to appropriately provide guidance and direction.
- Operationalizing the day-to-day activities of the Executive Office and supporting the executive director, CFO and deputy in the areas of external positioning, executive reporting, and strategy
- Supporting partnership services, meeting planning, attending meetings to represent the Director level staff when appropriate, marketing, programs, finance and donor management
- Providing support for all aspects of the organization’s daily operations management including writing monthly briefings to the board, position papers, and press releases
- Partnering with the senior management team of Advance Carolina and NC Black Alliance to realize its vision of building political and economic power in Black communities and institutions in North Carolina
- Determining key performance indicators and how to measure team performance
- Driving cross-functional projects, functions as a liaison for Advance Carolina and NC Black Alliance
- Support the Executive Director with calendar management and meeting prioritization
- Serve as the initial entry point for all organization correspondence to determine the appropriate next steps and staff to engage as appropriate
Education & Qualifications:
- BA\BS Degree in Communications, Organizational Development, Business Management, Political Science, or related fields
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent working in teams and providing leadership
- Experience working in political organizations with elected officials is preferred
Expectations & Compensation:
This is a full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Email résumé, writing sample, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Advance Carolina understands all elections are important. We encourage volunteers to pledge to vote in every election and stay connected to receive updates and alerts from Advance Carolina.